Comment on page
Welcome to Dashcam
Our docs cover how-to, examples, and references to help you start using Dashcam so you can catch and reproduce bugs and ship better software faster!
- Dashcam captures bugs the first time they happen on your screen, with error detection and instant-replay.
- Dashcam plays back debugging information from any browser, log file, or CLI in sync with your screen's footage.
- Dashcam clips can be uploaded and shared. This makes it easy to document and share bugs with your team.
The Dashcam platform can be divided into 3 parts:
- Desktop app: The main app, screen recording (with screen editing), log capture and uploader
- Workspace: Allows you to upload & share your Dashcam clips with others and enables collaboration!
- Chrome extension: To take the logs from your tabs in Chrome and send them to Dashcam
A Dashcam clip is a mouthful, so from no onwards let's call it a Dash (Dashes plural)
Let's get started with a hands-on exercise.